Thursday, September 14, 2017

Taking the taxi!

My colleague Emma brought me a map of the city today. Now I see where I am living in relationship to everything else and it will make it easier for me to get around. In addition, there is only one subway line and the end station is near my house. So I can't do too much wrong there.

Aliya and I worked more on setting up the room. It really looks nice. The school really wants their international curriculum to work so they are investing a lot of money in it. We'll have only 4 kids on Monday. That will be a great way to start.

After work, I went with Valeria and Matthew to the bank. But of course I couldn't open an account because I didn't have my passport with me. The school still has it because they're trying to extend my visa. There are many bureaucratic hurdles and roadblocks here.

So we quickly went shopping at a bigger grocery store and then came home. We took a taxi - 3 people, 3 miles, $1. Can't beat that. A ride on public transportation costs less than $0.01. Try that in the States! And I thought RTS and Zagster were good with $1. (They actually are.)

So, the apartment is clean for the landlady to read the meters tomorrow. The only thing wrong with the apartment is that there is no oven. I can't warm up a frozen pizza.

It's still warm but we had a heavy rainstorm this afternoon.

So that's the news for tonight. Stay tuned for weekend adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment