Saturday, April 6, 2019

Normal shoes

I have put my boots away. I don’t care if there is still a lot of snow on the ground. You can see the sidewalks in most places and a lot of other people besides me are out on their bikes, including people who ride at night with no lights on, on the sidewalks! An accident waiting to happen. I’ve got three suitcases full of winter things and souvenirs that I want to ship back to the States today. Ravil is going to help me because the paperwork In Russian is in triplicate for each suitcase. This will take some time. The. A bunch of us will head out for a late lunch to a restaurant very near the PO. I’ll let you know how that experience goes for sure. But let’s start at the beginning of the week.
We’ve been talking about bicycle safety in school this week. We lakes all about the parts of the bike and how to change a tire. We’ve also planted seeds and grown beans in plastic bags on taped on the window. As soon as spring really comes, then we can transplant them outside.
Wednesday was table tennis. It was only me, Ravil and Claudia. I made sure I put on my ankle brace when I played. It was cool with only three of us because they taught me how to put some spin on my serve. I’m definitely going to have to find a place to play when I get back to the States. What a great sport and such good exercise.
Thursday was couch surfing again. I met some new people; a new Dmitry (My old friend Dmitry was there too.), Iskandar and Dilyara. Sonia and I stayed until the restaurant closed at 10 then went home. The others moved on To another location. We had some pretty nice conversations.
Yesterday we had an international meeting at school with the bosses about the needs of the international program and how it should be structured. A lot of good ideas came out of it and I just hope the bosses are able to put some of the ideas into practice. Or get rid of the people who refuse to change!
In the evening, Ravil, Sonia and I went to see Dumbo. Sonia and I had gotten free passes from the school for International Women’s Day and we wanted to make sure to use them Before they expired. Besides the fact that I didn’t understand all the Russian, I still think I prefer the cartoon version from the 50s.
Ok, I have to get a little more work done. Enough of this for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment