Saturday, April 27, 2019

Bingo!

This weekend is a total frenzy. I had to change my plans a couple of times when I found out that the Ministry of Transportation guy could meet me at 5 today. But first the morning turned out to be a big surprise. The former student of mine who recommended me for this job is in Kazan visiting her mother. My boss, who is her good friend, asked if I had time to meet with her this morning. So we spent the morning together. It was great seeing her. Her daughter was also with her. I had her in my preschool class in the States when she was 3. Now she’s 14!
Then I came back home, made lunch and tried a Skype call to Germany. It didn’t work on the other end so I just basically relaxed until I had to go downtown again the meet the M of T guy. I knew I had seen him at one meeting before, but it turns out we attended two meetings together without knowing who each other was. I mean, to him it was obvious that I wasn’t from Kazan so he recognized me more quickly.
We met at an Internet cafe and spent an hour going over different ideas. I learned a lot about how things function in Kazan and he was very receptive to my ideas. And he had already had some of the same ideas. The discussion was very positive and hopefully he’ll be able to help implement some of the ideas.
All in all, it was a successful day. Tomorrow will be another breakfast in the morning with Ravil and a moviein the afternoon with Anna. We want to see the bio documentary about Rudolf Nureyev.

No comments:

Post a Comment