Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Another busy week

We’ve been busy at school this week. Tuesday we had planned on coloring “spring eggs” with the kids. (I wasn’t allowed to say Easter.) some of the moms were going to help and Claudia was coming to teach us how to do it, so we decided to have a little tea party afterwards to thank everyone who participated. So that meant we had to bake cookies for the tea party. We did that Monday and the kids had a great time. It’s one of their favorite activities. The egg coloring and the tea party both went well.  For Friday we’ve got a bike parade planned. The kids will get to decorate their bikes with ribbons and whatever else we can find. We’ve invited other kindergarten classes to join us. I can’t wait to see how this works out.
After work on Monday I met Dmitry for coffee. He knows a great bike route out to one of the lakes about 5 miles out of Kazan. When the snow’s really all gone, we went to ride out there. Yesterday I had a really pleasant experience. One of the guys at school had an extra theater ticket to a performance of “The Taming of the Shrew”. I jumped at the chance to go because I had always wanted to go inside this theater and you have to get tickets months in advance, just like for any other cultural event in the city.
The performance was brilliant. I understood very little of the language,  but I knew the story and the acting was superb. I even laughed at the comedic parts because they were so well-acted and funny. It was just so well done.
Tonight was table tennis. This time it was Claudia, Marat and me. Claudia even beat Marat. Tonight I worked more on my forehand and we even stayed an extra half hour. And Marat lives out my way, so I caught a ride home with him.
So,  now it’s time to call it quits for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment