Sunday, April 28, 2019

It’s snowing!

Damn, after a beautiful day yesterday , I wake up to mixed rain and snow this morning. Man, and I was just gloating over my friends in the Rochester area who got snow yesterday. That will teach me!
But I forgot to mention my hectic Friday, which got lost in the excitement of the anticipated meeting with the transportation guy.
Friday, one of the boys came in with his mom and asked me to come to his house for dinner. Since I didn’t know whether the transportation man wanted to meet with me Friday or Saturday, I told him I could only let him know later in the day. And I didn’t hear. And I didn’t hear. Then, in the afternoon I had a meeting with the bosses. I told them I was still waiting to hear from the guy, and Dinar immediately got on the phone and called the guy and told him to let me know. That’s how to make it work!
So when the guy told me Saturday afternoon, I told the little boy I would come to dinner. When the mom picked him up, I rode home with them and had a great piece of marinated beef, salad, potatoes, some great cheese and even  drank some red wine. It was a pleasant even with lots of good discussion. This family will be moving to Spain in August, so the little boy will go to an English-speaking school there. His early English lessons have paid off.
So, let’s cut to today. Ravil and I went to breakfast this morning. We tried a different place than usual and it wasn’t particularly good, so we not not to go there again. I came home and made a pizza for lunch,then went out to see the movie White Crow with Anna. Great dancing, great music, ok script. We still want to see Code Red with Judy Dench but that won’t happen until we get back from May Vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment