Monday, September 24, 2018

The weekend

After the field trip, I went shopping and then came home and hung out. I knew my landlady would becoming Sunday to exchange a meter, so I had to make sure the apartment was clean enough for her specs. I got everything cleaned and I mopped Sunday morning. She and the electrician got her at 11. It was the first time I had met the lady. Not unpleasant, just a really tightass. They only stayed about 10 minutes because something broke while the electrician was trying to install the meter, so she has to get new parts and she will get I. Touch with with me before she comes again. she even tried to speak some English with me before she left. Seems she has a daughter living with her family in Florida. She said she had never visited, however. Then, at 4, the new English teachers in my building, Jake and Jennifer and I met everyone else downstairs to take the newbies on a tour of Kazan. Paul, from Belfast, lives one building over. The guys are very cool with great senses of humor and a good approach to teaching. We headed to the Metro station and went down to the pedestrian zone. We walked its entire length to the Kremlin. We looked around there for awhile and then went to TA dem Mall where we shot some pool before eating at Rubai, right next to the pool hall. The guys were really good. Sonia, Jen and I predictably stunk the place up. But the guys are really good. Dinar joined us right before dinner and he plays well, too. For dinner I had lamb in a tomato sauce served over noodles like German spaetzle. It was delicious. Everybody tried different stuff everybody enjoyed the meal. Paul and especially Jake were still suffering from jetlag. Know the feeling! We talked for a long time. I finally got up and left at 10. It was time for me. But it seems as if the new people will be a positive addition to the staff. So I have to head out now to see if I can find sticks to build a kite with. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment