Wednesday, September 19, 2018

A storm’s a-brewing and the shit’s gonna hit the fan.

Going to work on Monday was a big mistake. I got home after work and went right to bed but couldn’t sleep well because it felt as if someone was tap dancing on my sinuses. Lordy, it was a bad night. Tuesday I could barely get out of bed. When I did get up, I’d stumble right back in again as soon as possible. Sonia was nice enough to text and offer to bring me a few things. When the concierge let her in downstairs, who do you think she ran into? My landlady. She’s back from her visit to her daughter. And what do you think she started questioning Sonia about? Where I park my bicycle! Sonia understood what she was getting at but couldn’t (didn’t want to) give her any answers. She just told her I was sick today and not in school. So she didn’t come up and check things out. I immediately notified the liaison about the situation. She evtually got back to me way later, told me she had been over to pay my rent and the landlady had told her the same thing. I told her she’d better get the director in on this. Quickly! What the hell, I’ve got a plastic bag, a shower curtain and bath mats under where I park my bike. It’s the only part of my apartment that won’t see dirt! I’m not moving that bike anywhere. I stayed home again today. I’m feeling a little better. I slept better last night but I’m still far from 100%. But I would like to go in tomorrow because we have a parent conference tomorrow at 6. So I’m lounging around all day and all of a sudden a get a text from the liaison asking me if we should cancel the bike trip this Saturday because a science teacher had also planned an outing. Hmmmm, let me see. This bike trip was suggested by the director. The date was set by the director. The rode bikes to the destination with the director’s family to help plan the event, and the incompetent principal, who is nothing more than a toady, just lets one of the Russian teachers plan an event on the same day? Even though I had a meeting with him and the liaison about the ride two weeks ago? I told the liaison in no uncertain terms that it was not my responsibility to cancel the ride because it was the directors’s idea. She should speak to her. Then I fired off an email to the principal, with copies to the director and her husband, asking the principal why the ride hadn’t been in the event calendar and why the Russian staff was always allowed to override the international staff. And a few other choice words (politely expressed). Can’t wait to hear his answer on this one. The problem is, the director is impressed with anyone who has/had a title. Because this guy used to work in the government (He was fired.), she’s impressed with his importance and she is scared to stand up to him. Although it’s her school. Although she hired him. I’m calling BS on this one. I’m sure the trip will be cancelled, but I’m going to make sure everyone knows why.

No comments:

Post a Comment