Saturday, September 22, 2018

And the WINNER is....πŸŒͺ✨⚡️🚴‍♀️πŸŽˆπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ!!!!

My, oh my, oh my! Don’t mess with me and my bike program! It turned out the easiest problem to settle was where to park my bike. So, all of a sudden, it’s OK for me to park it in the hallway again. Geez, who would have thought! The second problem with the bike excursion got a little more heated. I had already sent some very pointed emails to the incompetent principal asking how a teacher can just schedule a science club meeting without running it by the school administration. Oh gee, Karen, come up and talk to me and we can arrange something different for a bike trip. Not on your life, buster. And of course I always copy in the directors, so that they see his response too. But Thursday I had to go up to the office and the director lady was there and said she wanted to talk to me about it. The vice principal was there, as was the liaison. I went into overdrive. Why wasn’t the bike trip immediately put on the calendar and and how can a science teacher just decide when to have a meeting without notifying the school? Other teachers were coming into the adjacent conference room and listening through the open door. I lit the place up for about 20 minutes. The end result was that they booked the area we had wanted to ride to and sent out and invitation to the parents. Of course two days before and event is too short a notice so lots of families already had other commitments, but we had about 40 parents and kids, plus about 10 staff members helping out and riding along. The weather was perfect and everyone had a great time. The kids all enjoyed the treetop adventure and I even did the kids’ portion! I’ll post some pictures. The guys got a soccer game going and they even cooked hot dogs for the picnic. And who showed up at the very end? The inept principal. He knew he would look bad in the directors’ eyes if he didn’t show up at all. But he did not look like a happy camper.It turned out to be an excellent day. I just got back from shopping. Now I have to clean up because the landlady will be here tomorrow with a new meter which should reduce my heat costs. And nosy as she is, I know she’ll be looking for specks of dirt. In all the bicycle excitement, I forgot to mention that we baked sugar cookies with the kids Friday and had a great time. The cookies tasted excellent. It’s such a simple recipe. And I could transcribe the cups into grams so that the kitchen could give me the right amounts of flour, sugar and butter. My cold is actually quite a bit better, but it still sounds as if I’m hacking up hairballs. Oh, well. Maybe that’s the price of victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment