Tuesday, June 26, 2018

On my way to the USA

Wow, that month went by quickly. But I got to see everybody I wanted to see. Had a nice time with everyone. This morning I took the 5:15 bus to Frankfurt. I wasn’t supposed to take off until 11.40, but there are often traffic jams on the autobahn and I didn’t want to chance it. Got there in plenty of time. Got checked on. Got an aisle seat and, of course, someone was sitting in it. Didn’t I want to move over to the window? Nope. Then we all get in the plane and the stewardess announces that there is a situation and we will take off an hour late. No explanation about what the situation is. I’m sweating bricks because it’s Cutting it close with my connection. Good thing Lisbon is an hour earlier than Frankfurt. So, we land and it takes ages for everyone to get off. Then it takes ages for everyone to get on the buses. And it takes ages to get to the terminal. But I got lucky going through customs and. Now I’m just waiting for my flight to JFK to board. So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment