Sunday, May 27, 2018

Yikes at the Istanbul airport!

OK,so I bought a little scooter to take to my grandson. It’s in the original package, I’ve got the receipt and I decide to take it as my carry-on luggage. It works great from Kazan to Ataturk in Istanbul. I go to international transfers, go through security and they stop me because they tell me I can’t take it inside the plane. I tell them I brought it here that way from Kazan. Nope. Go back to the transfer desk and get a tag for it. Ok. Back to the transfer desk. As I’m standing in line, a manager asks me what I want. I explain . He says I have to go get a visa. I tell him I’m just transferring. Nope. Go get a visa. I tell him I was here two months ago and my visa is still good. I show him the stamp in my passport. Nope. Go get a visa. I go to the visa desk. He asks where I’m going . I tell him Frankfurt. He tells me to go upstairs. Whaaaat? I go back to the first desk and follow the manager until he answers me. I explain what happpened and I asked him what I was supposed to do. His answer: “I told you what to do.” What a jerk. So I stand there and keep telling him that all I want is a baggage tag that says that I can carry the scooter to the plane. So he reaches across the counter and gives me one! He could have done that 10 minutes ago. He had a young man accompany me through security again so that I could at least take it is far as the gate and then give it up. What a royal pain that was. Glad I have a long layover here.

No comments:

Post a Comment