Saturday, May 12, 2018

This can’t be true!

It’s 73 and sunny today. I don’t even RECOGNIZE Kazan! This is the first day I’ve gone without a jacket for 7 months. How pleasant. Only two more weeks left until I leave. This is getting exciting. As school is winding down, bike news is picking up. The Russian mountain biking champ is going to start giving bike riding lessons to our 3-5 year olds. He starts them on the little bikes without pedals and teaches them to. Balance first. 40 kids have signed up! So he will give lessons on Tuesdays and Saturdays. The other great news is that the boss lady was able to get in touch with the guy who owned the bike museum. He now has all the exhibits at his home and she got us an appointment to go look at everything on Tuesday. I suggested that she have the guy bring a few things out to our summer camp at school and teach the kids a little about bicycle history. We’re going to wait and see what the guy has before we decide on that. The boss was also at our staff meeting on Friday. She had sent me a text about a pizza party that evening . Apparently the mother of one of our students had opened a new restaurant and she and her family were going to go. At the meeting she asked if Valeriya, Matthew and I wanted to come along. Who says no to a pizza party invitation? We all met at school at 6:30 and took off. It was a really nice restaurant and it was the best pizza I’ve had in Russia. There was enough sauce on it! The crust on the pepperoni pizza was exquisite. So light! So we hung out there and had a good time for a couple of hours. Valeriya, Matthew and I took the subway back home. On the way to the station we stopped at an office supply shop that sells school supplies. They had a lot of neat stuff, but I can’t find cellophane for projects anywhere. I’ll have to bring some back from the States in August. Today was a get things done day. I rode my bike down to the shopping center and got some more presents. The. I went back this afternoon on the tram and bought a couple of new suitcases. I noticed that the ones I came with are falling apart. Ow it’s “get some more work done” Time. Tomorrow the gang is headed for the european taekwondo championships here in town. It’s amazing how much this city offers. I don’t know how long we will stay there, but on the way home I’ll stop in town and pick up just a few more souvenirs that I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment