Monday, May 21, 2018

The lilacs are out!

I forgot to mention that, on the way back from the lake on Saturday, i saw lilacs here for the first time. I stopped to smell them ,but they weren’t really open and they didn’t have a scent. Rats. Sunday I tried to sleep in but only managed to sleep until about 7. I started listening to Real Time with Bill Maher and fell back to sleep again. I just sort of lazed around all morning. I noticed that I had a slight sor3 throat and my nose was runny. So I started taking my spray right away and, although tired, I was good enough to meet Anna at 1 p.m. for lunch. We went to the Georgian place wher3 we shared one of those dough boats full of hot cheese and I had stuffed grape leaves. Very tasty. Then we headed down to the Kremlin where we went into the museum with the gems and minerals exhibit. Many of the stones and fossils were found right in Tartarstsn. It reminded me very much of Idar-Oberstein in Germany. I got home at about 6 and hoped that I could fall asleep early, but it never seems to work that way. Somehow I think of one more thing to do or read. In any case, I slept well, even if it was t as long as I had wished. Today in school, we took the beans, carrots and pansies that we had started on the window sill and transplanted them in our garden. The kids had a lot of fun with that. Now I just have to make sure the things get watered everyday. Then my TA and the kids can harvest them and eat them in August. I can’t remember if I mentioned that on of my kids got vaccinated against polio. Since I have three families that don’t believe in vaccinations, three of my kids had to be moved to other classrooms for two months so they avoid the risk of becoming infected. That’s a long time for them not to have comprehensive English lessons. I hope they don’t lose much over that time. It’s obvious that the kids don’t really understand my they have been moved. I’m tired tonight. Let’s see if I fall asleep earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment