Friday, May 25, 2018

City Club

I went to my last City Club meeting for awhile. Sonia and I went down together and couldn’t find the place. I hate it when it says one street address but then it’s around the corner on a sid3 street. And Fattah wanted to meet us there to practice his English and meet new people. And of course, he couldn’t find it either. We kept texting back and forth and finally we saw each other coming from opposite ends of the street. There was a big crowd this time. Almost 50 people. Anna couldn’t make it but I met some new people. Leyla works at the university and likes to cycle, so we are definitely going to get in touch when I get back. And it’s nice, because she lives very close to me and she was able to give me a ride home. I didn’t have to walk to and from the Metro. The kids have been a lot of fun the last few days. They enjoyed the erupting volcano and today me made jellyfish. This week we had also made octopuses and sharks as project since our theme this week was oceans. My TA is basically just going to review my lessons over the whole summer. The kids already recognize everyone’s name. Now we will work on writing some letters of the alphabet. I can’t wait to see how much the kids progress over the summer. Today we will celebrate one little boy’s birthday and tonight I’m invited over to one kid’s house. Tomorrow is the school festival and Sunday it will just be “clean the apartment”day before I leave for the airport. I’ve also got to make sure I find an hour or so to meet up with Anna.

No comments:

Post a Comment