Sunday, April 29, 2018

Bridge day

You’re  gonna love this one. Tuesday is the big May 1 Labor Day holiday. (Which is why I have several days’ vacation again.) Since the holiday is on a Tuesday, we have Monday off as a bridge day.  BUT... the Russian government determined that today, Saturday, should be a normal work day for everyone. At first I thought the school had made this decision, but it turns out it’s nationwide. Since I had worked some overtime, I took today off as comp time because Sonia and I are leaving to go to Yekaterinburg in an hour. It’s the 4th largest city in Russia and a 14 hour train ride to the east of us. It’s also were Boris Yeltsin went to the university. We’ll have three days to explore. And the forecast looks as if it will be pouring the entire three days. Sounds like a good reason to hit a lot of museums. (Poor Sonia.😬)
We decided to book 2nd class sleeping accommodations this time because we are sick of fighting with school classes to get to our bunks. We leave at 8 tonight and get in at 10 tomorrow morning. I’m ready for another adventure! And I want to see as much of Russia as I can, as long as I’m here. But this weekend I’ll be doing it with a raincoat on!
Here’s another one you’ll love. Fouad had a bad throat fungus so he had to go to the hospital.(That’s not the funny part.). He had to supply his own drinking water and his own tea bags if he wanted tea. Of course he didn’t know this when he went in. So he had them give him the hot water for tea, let it cool and drank that. Wow, talk about messed up health care!
And Friday in assembly we awarded the prizes for best bicycle design. We chose thre3 honorable mentions and the winner. Everyone got a bike bell. The winner, a 7-year-old first grader, got a little bigger one. We sent the design on to the company and we went them to make it as close to the kid’s design as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment