Sunday, April 15, 2018

Another relaxing day

i waited fo the electrician and the guy from school to come at 10 to check the wash machine. The guy from school got there and the electrician called and said he would be an hour late. So we had to and sat around and chatted until the electrician got here. He arrived at 11 and worked until about 12:15. It turned out there’s nothing wrong with the machine, but the water pressure in the pipes is bad. The guy from school said he would send the maintenance man from school over this week to change the water filter. Let’s see if that helps.
When they left I texted Sonia and we went over to school to do my bike riding demo. I had gone through the materials several times and practiced what I was going to say. So I just wanted it to not take too long because I knew Sonia had a report to work on. I made a couple of dippy little mistakes like saying that I was keeping both hands on the wheel, instead of on the handlebars. So we reshot that. So now I will try to attach it to an email tomorrow and send it off.
I got back and made some soup and a grilled cheese for lunch the. Went out to the water automat and filled up my drinking water bottle. After that I had a great chat with a friend in the States. I got caught up on a lot of the local gossip.
When I got down, I took off for IKEA again to get the stuff I couldn’t carry yesterday. Actually, it was just an e cause to get out of the house. She. I got back, I met some of the neighbors on the top floor. I had seen them in the elevator before and we had greeted each other, but the parents were outside with the kids riding bicycles now, so we stood around and talked a little longer. It was a very pleasant conversation and both Lilia and Rafik speak good English.
Speaking of bicycles, there were tons of people out on the sidewalks on bikes today. Not one of them was wearing a helmet. I was on the team checking out the wide sidewalk and all the riders, wondering if it would be convenient for me to get to IKEA on the bike. From IKEA almost to the metro station is no problem at all, but then it gets dicey. I’m goin to have to check it out on google maps to see how I can get from the metro station to the good sidewalk.
So now it’s time to call it quits and get everything ready for school tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment