Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Back in slushy Kazan

well. The snow is certainly melting, but there are still large piles of dirty snow and very large puddles and road crossings that you literally have to wade through. The sidewalks are full of slush and you can distinctly see the stroller tracks everywhere.
I started off at the bank yesterday trying to put my remaining Turkish lire on my account. Nope. There’s only one bank in all of Kazan that deals with currency other tha. Dollars, euros and rubles. Fortunately, there is a branch near me, so I will try it today.  After the bank, I headed for the bookstore where I had ordered “Green Eggs and Ham” for all of the kids. They love the book and can tell me all the rhymes, so I thought I would give them each a copy as and end of the year present. That, taken care of, I headed back to the post office to mail all my postcards and pick up a package I had gotten a notification for. The “take a number” machine wasn’t working and the line was so long, I didn’t feel like waiting. So I came home and then did a little grocery shopping.
I got my wash done, I got my biKe clean and the sun is shining today, so I think I will head out and go to the post office, then to the bike museum. I didn’t realize earlier that today is also a school free day for me, so I’m going to enjoy it.
Now I’m all caught up with everything. It’s time to get back into the routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment