Friday, August 5, 2016

Short day.

This is the first day i've had to pee in the woods! I had coffee, milk and OJ for breakfast. Then i met keith and britta, who had been camping 3miles out, for breakfast. I had another cup of coffee while they ate breakfast. Too much liquid for the start of the day, i guess. After brrakfast, they took off right away because they wanted to get to DC before the presicted storm. I did some sightseeing and left about an hour after them. I had to carry my vuke and saddlebags back down those awful stairs at the end of the rr  bridge. Then i was on my way at 10 45. Rode on until 12 30 when i stopped and ate a bagel and crean cheese i had made a breakfast. Then ivpedal through to whites ferry and line up to get out. And who comes walking out of the grill at the ferry? Keith and britta. They has decided to cross into VA and take the old dominion trail to alexandria. I have to go back across the ferry tomorrow because i will meet Mary Ellen in Cabin John at 11. So, the 3 of us ride into leesburg and part company when i go to search for my motel. Leesburg has an awful lot of traffic but one major N-S route has a buffered bike lanr. Niiiiice! Find the motel and check in, shower, then head for historical district. Find the tourist bureau and who works therecbut a lady whose hometown is about 70 miles from dickenscied, germany. I've even ridden my bike through the town!!! We had a great chat.  Went to see a historical log cabin and walked aroynd sec. Of state george c. Matshall's home before riding back and eating enchiladas at a great tex-mex place called del rio. Leesburg is a lovely town but too much traffic. Now I'm just chillibg, writing postcards and watxhing mrs. Doubtfire on tv. Have to get an early start tomorrow. Have blogged this early on the entire trip! You kniw what sound i've hears the entire teip? Locusts and crickets. It's been so nice nit to hear traffic. Two great things about the C&O  trail.  Great camping areas alobg the way, mileage signs in miles and kilometers and you can overnifht in the old lockkeepers houses. (That's three. Sorry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment