Monday, August 1, 2016

Falling Water

Yikes. So much grit  adhers to my sunscreen that I feel like an English muffin before I get into the shower. I feel so good afterwards. Last night I could not run the air off at the motel so I had to climb up on a fair and close the vent. Then I could sleep. Got up early and had a great breakfast at Ed's Diner before I headed down busy 119. It wasn't too bad. I beat the morning traffic. The weather was over ast again and there is so much foliage over the trail, it always stays cool. Saw several deer today and a Fawn yesterday. I had washed out my shirts and shirt last night and tied them to my sattlebads with my bungee to dry them as I rode. When I arrived at ohiopyle at 10:30 I saw that I had lost my shirt. I was NOT going back to look for it. Mary Ellen pulled in just as I did. We parked and used the visitor center bathrooms then looked around ohiopyle . it's a beautiful, historic little town which has learned to use the trail and the river to its touristic advantage. We went into the general store and ordered a sandwich and a hot dog at 11because we wanted to be in Falling g Water at 12. Lordy, it took them 30 min to make the food! The service was terrible. We had the sandwiches packed and drove quickly to Falling Water. It was breath- taking. The tour was great and we got lots of great pictures.I was ba k on the trail at 2:30and stopped next at a quiet little town called confluence. As I was looking in the historical society window, some guy came  by in a pick up and stopped to ask if I needed some help. I said I needed I e cream and he lead me to the only place in town!then it was on to rockwood, where I'm the only one in the whole youth hostel tonight. It's a quiet little town. Found a place next to the gas station where I got a pulled pork sandwich for supper and a pint of milk and donuts for breakfast. The trail goes up again. Tomorrow for the last day. It's not that it's much, but you always have to pedal. You can't coast at all. It was maybe 55 miles today. I hope I sleep well tonight. Thank God there's no air conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment