Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Cumberland - what a great day.

This was a stupendous day. It started with half a bag of donuts and a cup of milk for breakfast.left the youth hostel at Ro kwood and soon ran into  the Genzlinger family,
Keith, Brom and Britta. The stared in Rockwood without breakfast too so we rode together the whole day.We stopped in megersdale for a good breakfast and commiserated about the uphill ride until we got to the eastern Continental Divide about 16 miles before Cumberland. No joke. It was all downhill after that. We picked up speed and often didn't have to pedal. There were some great tunnels and breath-taking scenery. Just love the wild flowers and the butterflies. Got into cumberland about 1:30. Brom had to leave to drive back to Philly. I parted ways and went into town. Keith and Britta rode farther. On the way to the hotel I found two great museums.which I visited. At the hotel I showered and went swimming before I got a great dinner at Ottaviana's. It made up for not eating lunch. Then I walked through town and ran into Said, the cyclist I met in ohiopyle the day before. I hope to run into the genzlingers tomorrow.now just chilling I the hotel before I conk out.

No comments:

Post a Comment