Saturday, August 6, 2016

I'm done!!!!!

I'm finished!!! I started out at 6 40 because I wanted to make sure I would be on time to meet Mary Ellen at 11 in Cabin John. It took me about 30 min to get back to the ferry and I was rolling on the trail at 7 15. It was only 25 miles on the trail so I took some pictures and stopped often to munch some trail mix. There was hardly anyone on the trail. But that changed dramatically when I got to Great Falls. Although it was only about 10 in the morning, the tourists were already out and I had to be careful not to hit anyone. I didn't stop  to look because I knew ME and I wanted to stop on the way back to the campgrounds. I got to the point where I get off the canal at 10 30 and realized there was no way across two major highways to get to our meeting point as Google had predicted. A quick call to ME took care of everything. She stopped at a firehouse and asked directions. She found me in 10 minutes. After a quick got dog at great falls, we looked around great falls for 2 hrs then we hit the road. Now we are taking a break from the driving at the ceabby pig in Cumberland. Best seafood I ever had. Going to look  in the little shops then drive on. It's only an hr to the campgrounds. I expect to sleep well tonight. This was an exceptional trip. Now I have to decide where I will head next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment