Thursday, October 11, 2018

Ihab’s here!

What a great surprise. Inability, the Egyptian guy we met when we traveled to Nozhny Novgorod in March, is in town on business and Sonia, Fouad and I were able to meet up with him for dinner last night. He works for John Deere and is stationed in Nizhy but has to do lots of traveling for his job. He’s not really enjoying it that much because his family is back in Alexandria, he speaks little Russian, and have very few personal contacts at work. So he’s grateful when he can hang out with us a little bit. We’re going to see him again tonight after Sonia and I meet up with Emma, our sales lady friend from the public market. And here’s where I’m called upon to use as much Russian as possible because Emma speaks NO English.  But we always manage to get by.
We’re talking about household appliances this week and today we”washed” a bunch of my t-shirts in the wash machine we made out of a cardboard box. I took in my drying rack and it was interesting to see them Struggling with the clothes pins while holding the shirts up to the line. It was a great motor skills practice. Next week I think I’ll transition over to the theme of shapes. We did it last year, but repetition and review are so necessary.Plus, I have to introduce the shapes to the new kids.
We ended up with onLy 8 kids today because of illness and vacations. Oh, how pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment