Sunday, November 5, 2017

Go, Rubin Kazan, part 2

I didn’t set the alarm this morning and slept until almost 9. I met Sonia at 10 because we had to find I place to print out our tickets for the soccer game tonight. I remembered having seen one near our bank. So we headed on down the street and I was right. They place printed them for $0.05 a page. Wow. That was cheap. The. We ran into the bank and came back to the open air market. The ladies wheee I bought my pumpkin and cottage cheese joked with us for awhile. The we went to another stall where we were trying to find a spatula for Sonia. That vendor didn’t have one but she took us inside an indoor market that we hadn’t even realized was there. It was way better than the market we had gone to a couple of weeks ago. They had all sorts of spices and fruits and just about anything else you might need. The stall the lady took us to in there didn’t have on either, so Sonia will try at “home depot” this week.

We quickly ran into the grocery store and got a few things included Oreos and Kleenex’s almost as good as German kleenexes, and headed back to her place, which is in the same building my little “mom and pop” grocery store is. She downloaded Netflix on my iPad for me, since she can have x number of people on her account and she hadn’t filled her quota yet.

I headed home and got some stuff done before Sonia and I met again to eat at Amigo Miguel before we headed for the soccer game. The food was great again. I tried tacos. They were not what we are used to in the States but were very good. And they were spiced very nicely. And the restaurant even has different games on a game table that you can play while you are waiting. We got through one game of Jenga before the food came.

We took the tram to Kazan Arena and got there about an hour early. It was cold, but I had on a hat, three shirts under my jacket, one shirt of which was a hoodie, snow pants, winter boots and two pairs of gloves. I was glad I did, because it started to snow in the 2nd half of the game. I stayed nice and warm. The game was fun, but neither team could shoot a goal. Guess I’ll have to wait until the next game.

But next week we want to catch a basketball game and I promised her I would also go to an ice hockey game with her. Tomorrow morning we’re going to meet our colleague Emma for brunch.

So now it’s back to Grace and Frankie on cable TV. How neat is that?




No comments:

Post a Comment