Tuesday, November 7, 2017

A short week

I’m going to be all screwed up this week because Monday was a holiday. I’m already trying to remember what I did yesterday.
But now I remember. Emma, Sonia and I all went to a nice coffeehouse for brunch . We sat around for three hours and just yakked. Then I came home and solidified my lesson plans. And watched a lot of Grace and Frankie.This morning I was  up early for school. It was bone-chillingly cold and foggy, but I pedaled to school. We only had 5 kids today and everyone was in a really good mood.
We are starting a unit on jungle animals so we talked about them in circle time. I had bought a whole bunch of plastic animals to illustrate what I was talking about. This week we will make a zoo and paint it. A couple of the kids made snakes, which they had a good time with.
When it was nap time, I went down to the accounting office to pick up my pay. Boy, am I glad I always take my calculator with me and stand right there to figure it out. I came up about $100 short. “But that’s what the boss told us your pay rate was.” “That’s not what he told me." “But the boss is on vacation until the 10th.” “Ill be here. We will discuss this again.” I went and reported it to the department head and then went back to my room to make play doh out of cornstarch and hair conditioner.Not only was it easy, but it smelled good.
 Just as I have my hand in the bowl and am squishing the crap out of it with my fingers, in comes a lady from accounting who tells me they have called the boss on his vacation and he apologized to me for giving accounting  the wrong information. I should please come down to accounting and pick up the rest of my money. Uhhhh, my hand is full of blue play doh. I don’t think I’m available at the moment. After class was over in the afternoon, I went back and collected the rest, to be sure!
So then I headed to the post office to pick up a package that had arrived. As I’m sitting there waiting my turn I’m thinking, crap, the school guy took my passport this morning to re-register me with the police in Kazan after my stay in Moscow (where I also had to be registered at the police station) and he didn’t bring it back to me yet. So, of course I couldn’t pick up my package, put I did manage to mail some postcards. So I’ll have to run to the P.O. again tomorrow before I go tutoring.
You have to really stay alert in this place!

1 comment: