Thursday, August 24, 2017

Still in limbo

Checked my emails this morning. I had a message from the school that they are trying to make sure the papers are done by tomorrow. All I can do is wait.

Glad I got my bike back out of storage. I rode to the JCC and worked out; also used the wifi while I was there and ate lunch. It feels good to get some exercise besides lifting boxes and carting things into storage.

Then I thought, as long as I'm still here, I'm going to participate in Rochester's first Slow Ride. I'm almost glad that I had to postpone my flight so that I could. I'm really pleased that the City of Rochester is sponsoring it along with Theresa Bowick and the Conkey Cruisers. IT shows the City's commitment to promoting alternative means of transportation. There's a great slogan on the registration sheet: "A City that Rides Together is a City that Rises Together". What a wonderful way to encourage all of us to ride together.

It's been looking cloudy all day and is a might cool. Perfect weather for riding. Lori just called and responded to my text to ride along. That's great. I'm hoping for a big turnout. 50 would be great; 100 or more would be spectacular.

It's hard trying to think of things to do while I'm waiting to leave. I've certainly been texting and emailing everyone so everyone is pretty up-to-date on my status. I just need to get to the Visa Center in NYC very soon. I don't know how often Finnair will be willing to postpone my flight. Keep your fingers crossed that I can take the bus down Sunday night, get to the Center at 9 and come back on the afternoon train.

I'll definitely try to take some pictures of landmarks in NYC, for the case that I get to see any in the rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment