Thursday, August 24, 2017

Rochester Slow Ride was phenomenal

What a great turnout tonight for the first Rochester Slow Ride. There were well over 100 people, with a large contingent from Buffalo. The weather was great, the opening festivities were fun and there were some really nice people to talk to. I ran into a lot of people I knew and met lots of new people. It looks as if the Rochester cycling community is really getting it together.

It was a nice route 8-mile up Genesee Street, up to the Susan B. Anthony House, through Corn Hill and back to Brooks Ave. I hurried home after the ride because I wanted to make it before dark. I was really glad that I have a NiteRider headlight; that thing is bright. (Thanks for the recommendation, Tosca.) Got home about 8:30 p.m. so it wasn't completely dark yet.

It was a really good ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment