Tuesday, August 29, 2017

On my way to NYC!

After a great weekend as a retiree, the official invitation finally came through today at 11a.m. I had breakfast with Anne Marie, went home and was just about to call Finnair to postpone again, when the email popped up. I couldn't believe it! Boy, did I scramble. The first think I did was put the bike back in storage. Then I ran over to Mary Ellen's to complete the visa form, print it out, and get my bus tickets.

So my bus leaves at 10:50 p.m. That's in one hour. I'll arrive NYC at 6:30 a.m. The visa center opens at 9 a.m. I've got the return tour booked for 6:50 p.m., arriving in Rochester at 2:10 a.m. Yikes. I'm thankful that Chris will pick me up. Then I'm going home to crash for awhile before I have to finish cleaning up the apartment and turn in the keys. Then suitcases in the car, go to Mary Ellen's to shower, and finally head for the airport. I won't see a real bed again until sept. 2.

But I'm on my way. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment