Thursday, August 2, 2018

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

Tuesday was a work, read, ride day. In the evening I met Susan after work at Cheeburger Cheeburger. I was expected a greasy spoon hamburger join, but they made excellent salads from scratch. I had some banana peppers on mine and the vinegar was so strong, I almost choked. I couldn’t speak for about a minute. But the salad was good, as was the conversation. Susan and Jesse will be working the NY Bicyle Coalition stand at the State Fair. That’s a whole lot of preparation and organization for Susan. I think it will be a great opportunity to get the word out about e-bikes and cycling in general. What a venue to have! We’ll get a lot of exposure. Wednesday was a super busy day. I worked at R Community Bikes in the morning and we gave away about 25 bikes. Then I changed my clothes there and headed to the Henrietta library before my dentist appointment. I got some messaging done before I had the appointment. Everything was fine with my teeth, thank goodness. I don’t want to have to go to the dentist in Russia. Now I’ve taken care of my eyes and my teeth. All I need is my physical next week. After I got done at the dentist, I dropped in on another friend and chatted for awhile. It was just a spontaneous, spur-of-the-moment decision to stop, so I was glad she was home. She lives near where I was headed to attend a birthday party, so I figured I’d give it a shot. After a nice visit, I went to Jesse’s party at The Old Toad on Alexander. It was a small, intimate affair and I met some new people. We had a great time and again, some wonderful conversation. I was glad Susan was able to make it for a little while after work. My veggie pie wasn’t anything to write home about, but the other people liked their stuff. Today was another busy day. Mary Ellen and I drove down to the outlet mall at Waterloo. there wasn’t much that I needed, but what I needed was really necessary. I even found three pairs of pants that I don’t have to shorten! So, a lot of the stuff that I brought back from Russia with me can either go in my storage unit or to Goodwill. Tomorrow’s going to be another work, read, ride day until I have to meet Celeste and Frank for dinner at La Casa on Alexander. I’m already dreaming of cheese enchiladas.

1 comment: