Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Almost time to go back

This has been such a great summer. I’ve gotten so much done and seen so many people. The worst part has been that I’ve had to use my care so much. I’m used to being in Henrietta where I can reach just about everything by bike. That is definitely where I will look for an apartment next year. Yesterday I went for my physical. We checked to make sure med levels are where they are supposed to be. Tomorrow I have to do one blood draw before I go to breakfast with Annmarie and her parents. That works out so great. Blood draw in Lima, breakfast in Avon. How convenient. I digress. So, after my check up, I went to meet Gail for lunch. We headed out to Naantastic, a new Indian fast food place over off Jefferson Road. It is to Indian food what Moe’s is to Mexican. You can choose your toppings, sauces and protein. My stuff was REALLY spicy hot. I took half of it home and was able to make two meals out of it. Then we went shopping for some baby stuff because Gail has two baby showers coming up. After we got done there we sinned and went to Yolickety for frozen yoghurt. Boy, did that tast good. I didn’t overdo it, but I needed that chocolate rush. We went over to the cemetery and watered the graves well. But wouldn’t you know it, it rained all night and most of the morning. Oh well, I won’t have to water again for awhile. I stopped in to see how Marcia was doing an then headed back. I didn’t want to rid3 in that heat, but I read another book and did some studying. And ate more of my Indian food. Today I met Cousin Dianne, Gail ,Barb and Mason for lunch ant Longhorn Steakhouse. We all had the the shaved steak sandwiches and they were tasty. Then we headed over to Barb’s to play euchre. Nobody plays euchre like the cousins on the paternal side of the family do. We had so much fun, we were howling. We changed partners for every game and Ione four out of six times. Not bad for not playing in so long. After we got done playing, I followed Di while she took Gale home and then we went out to her place. She had done a lot of redecorating and I hadn’t seen it yet. She’s done a very nice job on the place. The color in the living room looks great. Her neighbor came over shortly to meet me. She may have lived here for awhile, but she still has her Brooklyn accent! A very pleasant lady and a great help to Dianne. I got home and Carl did the cooking. He did his famous Brussels sprouts, corn and shrimp. Then tomorrow more good food with Annmarie’s parents. I have to remember not to overeat! The big bike ride will be next week. Details are still getting finalized for that. Then a week after that I have to head back. Boy, the summer has gone quickly. It’s been so great to see everyone again. It’s been great to eat corn on the cob and Zweigle’s red hots. It’s been great doing the Unity Rides and getting some new projects going. I’ve met new people with whom I will definitely be staying in contact. But now I’m getting energized to go back. Our first unit will be about dinosaurs and I’m already gathering materials and thinking up projects. It will be fun to see the kids again.

No comments:

Post a Comment