Monday, January 1, 2018

Seville continued

Sonia and I were both at breakfast at 8. We were the ONLY ones at breakfast. Since our tour didn’t start till 10, we went out for a walk afterwards. We just took lots of pictures and watched a couple of drunk couples trying to find the way back to where the wanted to go. Other than some confetti on the sidewalks, there wasn’t really much mess in our Area. And, there were already people out biking and jogging.

We got back just in time to get on the bus for our tour. We went to the place that was the site of the 1929 World’s Fair. The pavilion Seville built for it is absolutely stunning architecture. We saw the pavilions of several other countries, which have been repurposed. After a few other stops, we got off and took a walking tour of the town and listened to the guide explain the important historical events.

After that we just had free time to wander. I looked for a place to eat. I sat down at a nice table on the sidewalk in the sun and pushed the button to callthe waiter. He didn’t come. Pushed again. He didn’t come. I finally caught his eye and waved to him. He looked at me and shook his head no. He refused to serve me. I’ll defin let the tour guide know. That was annoying.

I found another place where I had a good Spanish omelette and some tea. The sun was shining, it was warm, and I had been through town already so I de died to go back to the 1929 pavilion and sit down and read in the sun and watch the other tourists try to row boots in the little canal without running into each other. The also had pedal cars and horse-drawn carriages that were zipping al, over the plaza.

The sun was getting low in the sky so I figured it was time to Salk back to the hotel. I walked through parque Maria Luisa where they were having the holiday festival. There was a Ferris wheel and people were ice skating on an artificial rink. I was looking for something to snack on and there was a stand with waffles filled with all kinds of stuff. I took one stuffed with Nutella. Now I have a stomachache.

On the way back to the hotel, I noticed again how many people take their dogs and sit at the sidewalk cafes with them while they meet with other people. They even have the tables that you stand at outside and people stand around holding on to their dog’s lease while they drink a beer or two. Everybody is out and about for the holiday.

I was going to go to a flamenco show tonight, but Carmen the guide found me a better one in Granada which includes a little more. So I’m going to wait till i get to Grenada. Interesting is, that I’m the only one of the 22 of us who wants to see flamenco. But how can I NOT  see flamenco in Andalusia.

No comments:

Post a Comment