Wednesday, June 5, 2019

The news of the day.

I told the people here that I would not teach another year.  Then they tried to convince me to come back in an office position. No, that ain’t gonna happen. But they really wanted me back so they offered me a consulting job. I should come back for a couple of months each year and give teacher trainings and seminars, and do classroom observations. I should come back for two months in the fall at the beginning of school and then again for two months in spring, to evaluate progress. And I’ve accepted the offer.
I will be home most of the year but still connected to the people here that a like. And there’s always the opportunity to stop off in Germany on the way home. I’ll come back for October and November. When I get tired of the whole deal, I’ll just chuck it. But I would like to see how some of these kids
develop.
But right now, I’m just anxious to get back home at the end of July. I’ll be spending July in Germany. But the first thing I do when I get back to the States and get settled is take a long bike ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment