Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Not a good start to the week

So, tomorrow we were supposed to have guests here from another school. The administration wanted me to do a sciene lesson with them On Thursday and a follow-up lesson on Friday. I thought that it would be great to have them bake the banana bread recipe thaton little boy and his mom make for us occasionally. I asked her for the recipe should I could have the measurements in grams. I’m still waiting for the recipe. So I get two American recipes and have o decide which one I will use. But then it turns out the other school district couldn’t get its trip funded, so it was called of. But I decided to do some baking with the kids anyway. I found a really easy sugar cookie recipe. The administration makes sure the kitchen has everything we need. So I send my TA down just now to make sure she can pick it up tomorrow morning when I need it. She comes back and tells me the kitchen says I can’t put baking powder and baking soda in the same recipe. I tell her I’ve been doing i5 for years in two different countries and the baking powder here is from Germany so I’m doing it my way. If it screws up, it screws up. Nobody has the guts to try something new here. Meanwhile, I’m still in a clinch with my bank. I do not understand why they are afraid to transfer my money for me. This is so frustrating. The boss has made some other suggestions has to how I can get it done and I might just have to have him help me do it. I’m getting no answers at all from the bank. transfers work for other countrit’s. M bank here and my bank back home both use the same intermediary bank. Where is the problem?! The only happy news is that I salvaged two giant pieces of cardboard and we will make a house out of them for the kids. Oh, and I’m going on to see you the movie Black Panther on Saturday night. I can’t wait. It’s gotten such good reviews. I’m not a big superhero fan, but I really want to see this one. oh, and Matthew has been able to get us some tickets to some great classical concerts in March and April. That’s something to look forward to. And another three ng. Next week is a 4-day weekend for international women’s day. Sonia, Fouad and I are headed to Nizhny Novgorod on an overnight train. And then comes spring break. And I still get two days off for when I worked overtime. I’m looking forwa4d to the breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment