Thursday, February 15, 2018

European badminton championships

It’s clear to me why badminton is an olympic sport. Sonia, Fouad and Edward, the new teacher at our school, went to the championships last night.i almost didn’t make it. MY TA sick, so I have to wait until the last kid goes home. Sometimes it’s not until 7. But the match that we wa Ted to see started at 7. The last kid went home at 6:10 and I rushed out to meet Sonia Nd Edward and grab a taxi. It was good that the sport arena was near our place. The matches we were interested were Spain vs. Russia for Sonia, of course. But this is a really demanding sport and it’s not the same as when you play in your yard. Holy crap. It was amazing. Fouad’s taxi was stuck in traffic so he showed up late. We stayed until 9. The walked to the grocery store and got some pizzas and went to Sonia’s to eat. Edward is still working off the jet lag and I was tired from a long day. Some we didn’t stay too long because Sonia wanted to see the Real Madrid soccer game. Today was another long day. The last kid went home at 7:15! I will be alone again tomorrow, but Edward will be in to observe my class so I’ll put him to work. And tomorrow we celebrate Chinese New Year. We’ll carry our dragon around the halls and the kids all made Chinese lanterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment