Friday, July 29, 2016

Everything's packed. (I think!)

So, I'm packed. It's going to be a lot of weight to drag along. I always try to pack the minimum, but still end up with too much. This would not be a ride for my bike buddy, Sandy. She's not keen on self-contained rides. But I'm looking at reasonably flat paths and no cars to contend with. The weather forecast is predicting a couple of storms during the week, but I see mostly heat and sunshine. I'm glad most of the trail is in shaded, rural areas. I've heard only good things about the trail. I want to make sure I put more air in my tires and I've got to remember to fill my water bottle. I have to be on the road at 7 to get to Mary Ellen's at 9 so we can be on the road shortly thereafter. This has been on my bucket list for awhile. I can soon cross this off and add something else. It will be a big change from the one-mile rides to work everyday. I've got to remember to find lots of photo ops and I have my trail book along to see what sightseeing adventures I can find. Harpers Ferry will be a definite stop. That might be something Mary Ellen would like to see, too. OK. I've got to get ready for bed. Cross your fingers that I don't meet a bear in one of the old RR tunnels. RIP, Lori. I will be thinking of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment