Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Harnish and I are hanging

Harnish came over for supper because she volunteered to drive me to the airport at 3 a.m. We had grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. We've been catching up on all the news while I finished the last bits of packing and cleaned up the kitchen. I think I'm good to go. If I don't have it now, I won't need it. Jutta mailed yesterday and said to make sure I bring a flashlight. Checked in online this morning but have to get my boarding passes at the airport. And wouldn't you know it, it started snowing and blowing like crazy this afternoon. I just want to get to JFK on time to make my overseas connection. No more snow tonight, please. I'm getting excited. I have to make sure I don't fall asleep at the airports and miss any connections. If I sleep on the flight to Dubai, I figure I can beat the jet lag. And I've got to remember to take my malaria pills. And turn my mobile data off. And use airplane mode in the plane. And I'll probably thing of a million other things. I hope I get a little sleep tonight.

2 comments:

  1. You must have figured out how to post, as I opened your blog and here you are "bloggin". Yay! Hope you make it there safe!
    Bets

    ReplyDelete